Apply Here: Enhanced Discovery Training for Employment Counselors & Job Developers (Opens a new window to the application form)
MatchWork is accepting applications for its Enhanced Discovery Training for Employment Counselors & Job Developers. This course is for employment counselors and job developers who are looking to better understand the job seekers they support using MatchWork's framework.
MatchWork’s intuitive cloud based platform helps organizations & governments better understand their workforce. The platform provides individuals with their own unique work profile and organizations/governments with in depth insights at the population level including drivers to work and barriers to employment.
The training is over 3 days with an option of 2 class formats:
- Two day intensive workshop: 3 concurrent course sessions with 12 hours of classroom instructuction over 2 days, 6 hours of assignments and 5 hours of application work.
- Three day workshops: 3 separate workshop days held once a week with 4 hours of classroom instruction each week, 2 hours of assignments and 3 hours of application work.
You will learn to:
- Assist individuals in identifying their motivating skills, values and work drivers
- Question individuals to assist in developing an effective career decision action plan
- Use the MatchWork tools and techniques
- Work with an individual instead of a number
- Guide individuals in making their own career decisions
- Understand workplace trends and career change options
- Encourage the use of network contacts
- Practice Career Coaching through role plays
- Learn alternative coaching methods from workshop peers on how to deal with difficult career coaching scenarios
- Leverage new technology to facilitate job searches and connections with employers
Training includes access to the MatchWork platform for employment coaches & job developers for one year.
Curriculum outline: Training Outline
1. Applications will be accepted up to Friday, March 27th at 4pm PST
2. Confirmed applicants will be notified by the end of March 31st, 2020
3. Training start dates: April 24th, May 15th & June 12th.
APPLICATIONS: Enhanced Discovery Training for Employment Counselors & Job Developers (Opens a new window to the application form)
Alberta: Canada-Alberta Job Grant
British Columbia (B.C.) : B.C. Employer Training Grant Program
Manitoba: Canada-Manitoba Job Grant
Newfoundland and Labrador: Canada-Newfoundland Job Grant
Nova Scotia: Workplace Innovation & Productivity Skills Incentive
Ontario: Canada-Ontario Job Grant
Prince Edward Island: Workplace Skills Training
Saskatchewan: Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant